Search

 

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Peasant Skirts Or Preirie Skirts Or Gypsy Skirts


(pic linked from edressme)



Whatever you call it. They have made a come back!!! Its THE season. Well, actually it have been resurrected for couple of months already.

yes, everywhere you go, every shopping centre you visit. Just take a good look at the ladies around you....... I bet you 5 out of 10 of them are wearing peasant skirts. Some short, some knee length but mostly long and flair.

I actually do love them. I especially adore white ones. However, looking at the current situation where there are too many of them around actually turns me off. I'm a person that goes for uniqueness. I don't like to wear things others are wearing and i like to outshine others and stand out like a sore thumb. My worst fear is to be caught wearing the same dress as another stranger/person especially during dressy functions. I would totally feel embarrassed or freak out or both.

Coming back to the peasant skirts. Well guess what!! dispite refraining myself from buying any this time around for months........i eventually found myself a gold colored one....which is so unique and special that i just have to have it, even at the cost of RM50. 1 boo to me. BOO! Because I have fallen into the trend victim category once more. Teehee... and it goes well with my golden alladin slippers plus my golden bronse handbag. Wow i feel so boho. I'm feelin all gypsy now......where can i find myself a crystal ball and a bandanna?

10 comments:

Shiny Blue Black said...

boo. i have been wearing these for years, and now I have to put them away until all the ahlians stop wearing them.

BAH

5xmom.com said...

Gosh, these skirts ought to come with a warning. Not for short, fat, big bump women.

Anonymous said...

OMG..it's gorgeous..the skirt in the pic. Damn..summore I love the color white!!

irenekay said...

I hope i'm not of those ah lian...*wink to infinite bowel*

I luff those too...but warning to myself, only buy 1 and thats it....s o i got a green one, but slightly diff than those ah lian are wearing....Mont kiara flea market have lots of em....

fatboybakes said...

hey, did u ever get my email about wedding caterers that u requested?

Anonymous said...

Fashionasia getting married??? =P

Fashionasia said...

hi fatboybakes! Thanks ya got your email. ermm....just not so fancy about serving curry....i want something more classy.

skay: yupyup....end of the year i suppose. *cross fingers and toes*

infinate bowel & irene: i think we gotta keep all our preirie skirts till its out of season cos yucks so many outthere!!!!!! every single shop selling clothes are hanging them!!!

5xmom: thanks for the publicity....but learn ahlian fashion from fashionasia??!!!! Noooooo..........i'm not an ahlian!!!

Anonymous said...

eh, i got a friend who's getting married end of this year too. Christmas time I think. You don't happen to have a fiance who plays futsal and have stopped for quite some time do you?

Otto said...

IB: I see you here again.... was tickled by your comment abt keeping your skirts away. It's a shame really. I've been doing the traveler boho chick look wayyyyy back in the good old days 2000 - 2003. Stopped doing so since it's getting common. Same-same like you lah.....

Fashionasia: The key, I think, is be the leader of the pack. Just like Vivienne Westwood ahead of her time, ALL the frickin time... Can't wear those long flowing skirts tho. I look damn ah mah..... damn.

Ghostbird said...

Yeahlah, got big butt cannot wear this kind of skirt. Big tummy too.